Sunday, September 20, 2009

a waiting game

So, I've been waiting for a reply, and I'm still waiting, but hey, I know that's the process. In the interim I've been reading and collecting ideas for another novel. I haven't even had a bite on this manuscript, but it's a labor of love, and I just like stories and crafting them. The next one's based in eastern Montana, small town, and a real on this time, I'm just not sure which. Glasgow would be easy because I lived there, but some of the events of my story are real, even though fictinoalized, and happened right there, so I'm torn, but that doesn't matter so much yet. I'm really looking at the characters. I'm trying to hone them into realities, and then let them play out their roles through a basic plot structure and see how the story turns out. Any way, every where I look, I'm collecting ideas: news papers, events at work, people in line at Costco, or just stuff I read on the internet. I'm also researching stories for inspiration, like Shakespeare or Ovid. I try to shy away from contemporaries because I want to write my own thing, not like anyone, but if it happens my forethought, oh well. So the story goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment